Dear Hillcrest 11 Residents,
Let me take this opportunity to wish each of you and yours a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!
We have two very important meetings scheduled which we encourage eery resident to attend. One will be the budget meeting in which the Board will approve the 2013 annual budget, and then give the residents the opportunity to waive the reserve requirement. In order to waive reserves, we need a quorum of the residents and then 51% of those in attendance or by proxy must vote to waive or else reserves, per state law, will be collected. Also, residents will be voting on two proposed amendments to our by-laws which require approval by 75% of all residents in order to pass.
The Annual meeting in March will be to elect members to the Board. When you get the packet, please indicate if you wish to serve on the Board. A few residents have been involved, but our community needs more people to become involved.
Packets will be mailed to all residents.
Cars parked inappropriately will be towed without notice and at owner’s expense. Reserved handicap parking is NOT for residents parking. Have your guest(s) park in designated parking spaces only.
This is your home. Please don’t throw trash on common grounds, overfill trash containers or leave items outside around trash collection containers. Let’s take pride in where you live and keep the building clean for your neighbors and guests to visit.
The following meetings will be held in Meeting Room #3 next to pool:
Budget & Reserves: February 12, 2013 @ 6.30 p.m.
Annual Meeting: March 28, 2013 @ 6.30 p.m.
Capital Improvement Projects
- Second floor railing restoration is in permitting process and will begin once the permit is issued by he City of Hollywood.
- Quotes have been obtained for a camera security system and bid will be awarded and cameras installed on the property for security and surveillance.
- Quote to be obtained for elevator improvements to ceiling, lighting and control panel.
- Meet with company regarding parking lot improvements. City of Hollywood regulations are having to be obtained with regarding to improvement and Board attempt to increase parking spaces if allowed. Once completed, the bidding of parking lot improvements will begin. Hoping this project can begin late spring or early summer.
- Automatic closures will be installed on security gates to ensure they close properly.